Sixth International Symposium
“Invasion of Alien Species in Holarctic. Borok-VI”
October 11-15, 2021
International Symposium “INVASION OF ALIEN SPECIES IN HOLARCTIC: BOROK VI ” was first organized 20 years ago and has become regular.
The Symposium, depending on the number of participants, will be held either in Borok place, on the base of Papanin Institute for Biology of Inland Waters, Russian Academy of Sciences (Borok, Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia) or in Uglich city (Yaroslavl Oblast, Russia).
11th International Conference on Biological Invasions
NEOBIOTA is organizing the 11th International Conference “Biological Invasions”, which will be held in Vodice, Croatia, from 15 to 18 September, 2020.
The Marine Evolution 2018 Conference
15-17 May 2018, Strömstad, Sweden
The Centre for Marine Evolutionary Biology at University of Gothenburg is hosting «the Marine Evolution 2018 Conference» which covers the issues evolutionary biology of marine invasions. Purpose of the Conference is to bring marine evolutionary biologists from all over the world together to present recent and ongoing work, share ideas and discuss future collaborations, all in the beautiful setting of the Kosterhavet Marine National Park in the archipelago on the Swedish west coast.
«Alien Species in the Holarctic»
5th International Symposium on Biological Invasions, (Borok -V, 2017 )
Uglich, Yaroslavl Province, Russia, 25-30 September 2017
The main goals of the 5th International Symposium are:
- Consolidation of efforts to study the processes of how alien plant and animal species spread in terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems;
- Exchange of information on the vectors, causes, scales, and directions of species spread; changes in their properties in new aquatic and terrestrial habitats;
- Assessment of the role of the alien species in the transformation of endemic communities; evaluation of social and economic consequences of biological invasions as well as development of risk assessment approaches;
- Discussion of issues related to terminology, theory of species spread and study methods.
Symposium 2017 of the British Ecological Society
«The Macroecology of Alien Species: Patterns, Drivers and Consequences of Global Biotic Exchange».
24-26 July, Durham UK.
The BES Symposium-2017 will explore the major patterns and drivers behind the mixing of the world’s biotas, and the consequences for conservation of biodiversity.
Invasive Species Research Conference
– Turning Science into Action
June 20 – 22, 2017 in Kamloops, BC, Canada
The Thompson Rivers University (TRU) and the Invasive Species Council of BC are co-hosting the Invasive Species Research Conference, June 20 – 22, 2017 in Kamloops, BC.
More information here>>
Session on Aquatic Invasion Ecology
at the upcoming ASLO 2017 Aquatic Sciences Meeting
from February 26th to March 3rd, 2017, Honolulu, Hawai’i
There is no Chair information currently available for this session.
See here >>