Interna6onal Scientiﬁc Conference Marine Evolution 2018
15-17 May 2018, Strömstad, Sweden
The Centre for Marine Evolutionary Biology at University of Gothenburg is hosting «the Marine Evolution 2018 Conference» which covers the issues evolutionary biology of marine invasions. Purpose of the Conference is to bring marine evolutionary biologists from all over the world together to present recent and ongoing work, share ideas and discuss future collaborations, all in the beautiful setting of the Kosterhavet Marine National Park in the archipelago on the Swedish west coast.
Marine invasions are natural developments in evolution, as invasive species spread and adapt to novel environments. These evolutionary changes can be very rapid and may take myriad forms, including physiological adaptation and behavioral changes to exploit new environments. Elucidating the adaptive shifts and population dynamics is fundamental for biodiversity conservation and management of stocks, while discerning sources, timing, and vectors of invasive species are often main objectives in marine genetic studies.
Key note reports and speakers:
- Seascapes and genetic structures – Cynthia Riginos, School of Biological Sciences, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Speciation and hybrid zones – Nicolas Bierne, Institute des Sciences de l’Évolution Montpellier (ISEM), University of Montpellier, France.
- Evo-devo – Andreas Hejnol, Sars International Centre for Marine Molecular Biology, Norway.
- Functional genomics – Marjorie Oleksiak, Rosenstiel School of Marine & Atmospheric Science, Florida.
- Genome and protein evolution – Nicolas Galtier, Institute des Sciences de l’Évolution Montpellier (ISEM), CNRS, University of Montpellier, France.
- Human-driven dispersal in marine systems – Frédérique Viard, Station Biologique Roscoff, France.
Organizing committee: Kerstin Johannesson, Anders Blomberg, Pierre de Wit, Samuel Perini and Eva Marie Rödström
If you have any questions about «the Marine Evolution 2018» Conference, please contact the organizing committee at: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Deadline for abstract submission and early-bird registration: 1 February 2018.
Full information is available on the website of the Conference >>