«Managing risks to coastal regions and communities in a changing world»
Joint Conference EMECS11 SeaCoasts XXVI, August 22-27, 2016, St.Petersburg, Russia
The organizers of the Сonference are the International Center for Environmental Management of Enclosed Coastal Seas (International EMECS Center, Japan),”Sea Coasts” Working Group of the RAS Council on World Ocean, the Russian State Hydrometeorological University (RSHU), P.P.Shirshov Institute of Oceanology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IO RAS) and A.P.Karpinsky Russian Geological Research Institute (VSEGEI).
The work of the Joint Conference will be organized in Plenary, Thematic and Poster sessions correspondingto the main topics of the Conference. On the finalday of the Conference a Technical Field Trip is scheduled, which will include the visit toSaint-Petersburg Flood Prevention Facility Complex. In the framework of the Conference a Students and Schools Partnership Meeting (SSP Meeting) is planned. The format and rules of participation in this SSP Meeting is available on the Conference web-site, on special page.
Main topics of the Conference
– Coastal systems and their dynamics (from coast to water and from water to coast);
– Coastal erosion and dynamical processes in the nearshore zone;
– GIS & marine spatial planning;
– Climate change in the changing world. Coastal adaptation to climate change;
– Construction and exploitation of hydraulic engineering structures and dredging in the coastal areas;
– Study and monitoring of coastal and marine ecosystems;
– Approaches to and issues of processes in the coastal areas modelling and monitoring;
– Interactions between coastal zone and the open sea: impact on the ecosystems;
– Ecological sensitivity of coastal areas: anthropogenic loads and natural disasters;
– ICZM – case study and new experience;
– Sustainable use and development of coastal resources: effective management and approaches;
– Legal and political issues of enclosed coastal seas management;
– Human resource and indigenous dimension of enclosed coastal seas management.
The Conference Proceedings will be published in two parts:
- Conference Abstract Book (in print and electronic versions);
- Conference Full-size Proceedings containing complete full-size papers (in electronic version). The papers in Conference Full-size Proceedings will be indexed in the Scopus and Web of Science databases.
The official language of the Conference is English.
Full information and the abstracts book is available on the Conference website.
The next EMECS Conference will be held in Pattaya, Thailand in 2018.